Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Family That Sews Together

I just got back from an amazing weekend in Illinois.  My cousin got married for the first time, and he's 50+. Better late than never.  Congratulations to Brian and Beth Graham.  I know your union will bring you many blessings.

In the meantime the women of our family are all planning a sewing retreat yet this month where we have hired a meeting hall for two days.  We women and the young girls are all going to sew together.  The goal is to bring our current quilt project or anything else we want to work on and we will sew away.  What a good way for we women to enjoy one another.  Of course, we have decided the men will cook for us and deliver the food.  Now how's that for a good way to enjoy time together.  We will also be honoring our matriarch, Alma Dye Grant, my salt-of-the-earth grandmother.  She was a quilter and a sewer and she has handed down the gene to  we "girls."  We can hope this will become an annual event.

Happy beginning of the month of Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for my family, friends, a great job, and the talents bestowed on me to create.