Friday, January 30, 2015

She's Back

I truly can't believe I stayed away so long.  Writing this blog is so much fun.  Unfortunately, I've let my other job get in the way of the things that have more meaning.

Since my last post several quilts have been completed.  One actually won an Honorable Mention at the Ozark's Piecemakers Quilt Show in October 2014.  My first show, my first ribbon.  I've already got plans for the 2016 quilt show and much more.

One exciting thing I've discovered is the value of belonging to a Quilt Guild.  In August of 2014 I joined the Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Guild in Springfield, MO...my home town.  I can't explain how much fun it has been.  The members are hands down some of the nicest people around.  Nothing de-stresses me more than to go to Open Sew days and visit with friends, work on projects and just laugh and sew.  It's a great way to relieve the stresses from daily life.

As I get back into the swing of writing my blog I will bring more ideas and thinks learned over the last year to quilters who follow me.  Thank you for being patient for my return.

I'm off to another Open Sew day at the guild...two in a row.  What a way to spend my days off.